Wednesday 31 December 2014

Good Bye 2014

Assalamualaikum and Hi there,

2014 will be leaving us in just a little bit more than an hour.  Time for reflection....

Looking back at my targets for 2014:
  1. Short runs - I actually did join one run together with my children.  It is called "Blood Donors Fun Run" on 14 June 2014.  I actually paid RM140 for just one run.  All three of us manage to complete the 5 km run which is good.  Thinking back after the run, I think it is not worth while for my purse to go for short runs like that with my children because it is quite pricey.  Ok, I admit I can be a cheapskate but if I just want 5 km run, we can just do it on the treadmill. So that's the reason why I quit that one. I syill attend my aerobic classess and I do run on treadmill from time to time with my children since I stayed in a condo and this facility is included as part of the maintenance fee anyway.
  2. Losing weight - darn, I couldn't seems to get rid of the 5 kg... I managed to get rid of 3 kg during fasting month (sepatutnya lah kan...) but I quickly gain it back after raya. So sakit hati isn't it.  Let's try this again this year.  Should I develope a hate-relationship with my food?  I have to stick to my goals - my will power is not strong enough.
  3. Credit card balance - I managed to reduce my credit card balance but guess what, I went for holidays and quickly put it back on.  Does this sounds familiar - it sounded like my effort in trying to lose weight, right.  Really have to work on that will power of mine.
  4. Savings - here's another yo-yo target I have done for this year that was not achieved.  I am telling all of my can of worms now. I will never ever going to tell you who I am... hahahaha in time I probably would.  Now I am still not ready yet. Will power - come to mummy, baby.  I really need my will power to be stronger.
  5. Vacations - This, I am good at.  This year, we have been to Penang, Tanah Aina, I-City and also to ChiengMai, Thailand.  The last two trips, I haven't told you about it yet.  So that's where my added expenses come from.  Although, I have put aside allocation for my vacations, but you always need that extra additional money for spending... I sure have a lot of excuses huh...
  6. Al-Quran - I still haven't finished it yet.  I am in juzuk 23 now and my Ustaz says I will only complete it middle of next year.  Sad but this is the reality, so I really hope to finish it in 2015.  I have been dilligent in going for my Quran classes.  Please pray for me that I will continue to have the strength to complete reciting the whole Al Quran.  May Allah give me strength to see it through to completion of the whole Al Quran, at least once with a teacher.
  7. Haji - did you know that I heard from my friend that an unmarried woman below the age of 45 have to have two female companion to go with her for Haji.  That is mightily difficult.  I will be going only with one of my other sister.  I have to wait for her to reach 45 then only we can go together.  Well at least that gives me more time to do more savings for this.
There you have it, a lot planned but not much accomplished.  Nevertheless, I think we should all set targets anyway.  Without targets we will be living without direction which is even worst.  So I will continue to set up targets for 2015.  I know where I went wrong - will power lacking - so I will work on that some more.

As of now, here are some of the items that I already know coming for 2015. 
  1. At the office I have been elected as the Social Committee President for the second year.  Work wise, I became a team lead for the first time in 2014 so a lot of improvement I need to do as a team lead in 2015.  Need to work on delegation, checkings on my subordinates performances and motivation of course so that they will be able to continue to do a good job.  Another thing, I volunteered to take up small task as part of project management.  This will exposed me to project management work and be able to add values to my resume.
  2. My children will be going through SPM and PT3 this year so have to keep them in check - studies wise.  Mind you I just ask them what their targets and are they working towards it.  Then I just remind them.  Sounds easy huh - want to be a mom to two teenage kids?
  3. I have already book a trip to Korea for March 2015 - so exciting! I am going with my one other friend only - not a true backpacking style la... I will be going without my children since they will be busy studying.  Additionally, my eldest sister has booked a vacation for us at one of the local pulau in May 2015.  We'll be going with her family, the more the merrier kan...
  4. I need to get furniture for my living area and dining area... Shish, I sure know how to spend huh :)
Targets for 2015, I haven't finalize it yet... Will let you know about it in 2015.  I still owe you the stories of my trips to I-City, Shah Alam and ChiengMai.

2014 has been fulfilling for me.  I intend to make 2015 my busiest year ever.  I may not tell you everything of course.  But if I think my stories can help others, I definitely will tell.

On a sad note, I am extremely sorry to hear about our friends and families that are affected by the flood.  We sure have it bad this year.  I hope all of us as managed to contribute in one way or another to help others.  Let's not just be "Keyboard Warriors".  If there is opportunity to volunteer, let's do that as well.  I do what I can to help but it seems really small, but let's do it anyway even if it is insignificant to others eyes.  Allah knows our true intentions and Allah understands us the most.

Goodbye 2014.  Welcome 2015. 

May 2015 be a more prospherous year and may Allah give us a lot of inner strength to have a laser sharp focus, strong determination to overcome all hurdles that come our way and achieved our targets for 2015 successfully.

Till next time.  Good night, sleep tight and sweet dreams... Wassalamualaikum...
 

1 comment:

  1. Why there's no update for this year ? I been waiting for your update because I likes to read story of your life. It's very interesting and make me stronger just like you. Please update more. I waiting.

    ReplyDelete